7.21.2010

Calling all Prayer Warriors

Photo of Taiwan court house courtesy of Matt Mehaffy

Today is an important day! First, it marks 365 days in our adoption journey. Secondly, and more importantly it is Titus' court day. Please join us in prayer today as Titus and his birth mother will be in court. Our case will be at 9:00 CST tonight.

We are specifically praying for several things. That God would soften the heart of the judge and that he would issue our first decree and waive the waiting period and that our second decree would be issued very quickly.


We are also praying for peace for Titus' birth mother and family. I cannot even begin to imagine the emotions she will be feeling today as she looks and holds her son for possibly the last time and waives her rights. I pray for this woman often and am so grateful for her courage and her gift of life. It makes me sad that I don't even know her name, someone who is entrusting Titus to us and changing our lives forever, and I can't even pray for her by name. Please help me lift Titus' birth mother up in your prayers, that the Prince of Peace will calm her heart and comfort her. I pray if she doesn't know this great God we serve that He will soften her heart and make Himself known to her. I pray that God would place people around her that would encourage her and, if she doesn't know the Truth, teach her. I am beginning to long to meet her in person, to give her a great big hug, to get to know her and reassure her that we will love and take care of Titus. Being realistic, I know I probably won't get that chance but am reassured by the fact that God can comfort her and be by her side and whisper reassurances in her ear for me.


The past several days I have become anxious about today and am fervently praying several passage that God has used to keep me focused on Him during this time is 1 Peter 5:6-7:
"Humble yourself under God's almighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your cares on him, because He cares for you." and 2 Corinthians 12:9“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I have been daily casting the anxiety and fear I feel about today, and gradually I am learning to leave it there, as well.

Please keep praying and interceding on our behalf, and most importantly on Titus' behalf! We know that God can make this happen.


4 comments:

  1. AMEN - praying these things with you!

    I love this song - OUR GOD IS GREATER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and lifting up all your concerns with you...I anxiously await our prayer time as a life-group tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying hard for this court date! I was going to share the 1 Peter verse with you, but I see you're praying over it!

    saw a 4- or 5-year-old boy today who looked SO much like Titus — so cute!

    ReplyDelete